I thought it may be neat to do an Instagram round-up every now and then. I really enjoyed putting this little photograph patchwork together as I was reminded of when these were taken and what I was doing at that time. I find that I have a tendency to post photos to Instagram and not think about them again, but this was a lot of fun! I'll definitely make it a regular feature on this blog.
* Pink Canisters found at a local thrift store
* Scottie Dog covered apple pie I made for 2 consecutive Christmas Dinners on the 25th & 26th (recipe here - I just cut out the Scottie Dogs from the top piece of pastry and overlapped them)
* My favourite salt and pepper shakers ever! There's a set for sale on eBay right now if you're interested.
* My beloved grandmother passed away earlier this year and this handheld mirror was hers. Draped over it is my vintage beaded collar - I'm reminded that I need to make a dress with a high neckline so I can wear this!
* Our antique Philco radio, given to us by Derek's brother. Amazingly this still works and the CBC (Canada's national station) comes in loud and clear!
* A detail of the rose carving on our antique chesterfield. It needs reupholstering, but since it's so old it will probably cost a fortune. I've been patching the weak spots in the damask with other snippets of damask and I actually like the result! I'll have to post some photos of it soon...
* My baking outfit: Vintage housedress, vintage apron with ric rac, vintage red beads and remarkably tiny looking feet for a size 8.5!
* Vintage English china teapot and a new ceramic tumbler from Ikea. I rarely buy anything new, but I couldn't resist the tumblers, after all they're pink!