This is my current WIP, Butterick 7503 from the early Fifties. It's inside out in this shot, for no other reason than that was the way it was hanging when I came at it with my iPhone. It does allow you to see how obsessive I am about finishing my seams though. I'm beginning to think it's an illness of some sort...
My fabric is a vintage cotton blend print in gorgeous Autumn-y colours. I bought 6 yards of it with the intention of making a crochet rag rug, but as I crocheted with it, I realized that it would make a great dress! Thankfully I had enough yardage left over.
I decided to throw caution to the wind and not make a muslin. I did a sleeve adjustment to add a bit of fullness and skipped my usual FBA because the darts were fairly deep. It fits perfectly! Hooray! Well...except for the dreaded gape. Butterick's cryptic instructions left me no choice but to try to figure out the neckline facing myself which resulted in me strongly resembling an irate monkey trying to fit a square peg into a round hole for the better part of an hour. Unlike said monkey, I had the advantage of having access to sharp objects, including multiple seam rippers (never buy just one) and scissors and I seem to have figured it out...I hope. I'm not sure how I'm going to convince the bottom of the facing to lie flat, but I'm sure it will bend to my will eventually. I hope to finish it within the next day or two. Fingers crossed!